If you own a business here in Snellville or in the larger Metro Atlanta area, you know that having a website – even for your brick-and-mortar business – is incredibly important. However, the different steps to setting up a website can be incredibly convoluted and confusing, namely website hosting. How do you select a website hosting provider that will work well for your Snellville business?
Let’s take a look at some of the facets of website hosting so that you can learn a bit more and decide what’s right for you.
What Is Website Hosting & Why Is It Important?
Website hosting is one of three critical components you’ll need to set up before visitors can access your online site. These three pieces are:
- Your domain (https://www.yoursite.com)
- A visual, navigate-able website (built on something like WordPress)
- Your website hosting service (this service hosts your site’s files and makes sure they are visible to people who type in “https://www.yoursite.com”)
Without website hosting, your website doesn’t actually live on the internet for other people to find!
Are There Different Types of Hosting?
There are many different “services” that you can add to a website hosting package, however they all have the same fundamental purpose: a place to store your website files so that the whole internet can access them. However, that doesn’t mean that your specific needs will be met with a basic package. It’s important to consider what will make your life easier so that you can focus on more important tasks – like running your Snellville business!
What Should I Look for in My Website Hosting Plan?
To follow up on the previous point, you should choose a website hosting service that fits your unique needs. Here at Snellville Websites, we have four website hosting and maintenance plans for you to choose from. Things you should look for include:
- Responsiveness – hosting providers that respond more quickly will be able to resolve your requests faster.
- Speed – Sites with quicker load times tend to rank higher in search engines.
- Reliability – Servers that host websites should be maintained well enough so that they don’t crash or have long down times.
What Are the Benefits of Website Hosting?
Now, keep in mind that not all hosting is created equal. Some hosting providers will work better for you, your needs, and your area. However, the benefits of general website hosting, as opposed to hosting it yourself on a server you own are:
- Better reliability and maintenance
- Quicker load times and speeds
- Customer support with issues you can’t solve
- Peace of mind and not having to set things up or update things yourself
Snellville Websites: Reliable Website Design & Hosting for Snellville Businesses
Here at Snellville Websites, you can bring all of your website building and hosting concerns to us – we are an all-in-one solution for your website and online marketing needs. We can help you build your website from the ground up, and write all of the content for it. To get started today, schedule a consultation or get a quote with our Website Development Questionnaire.
We look forward to working with you!